Welcome to our Help Center.
Our Help Center is designed to give you a place to get the information you need to be effective at using our site.
You can find information by browsing the sections and categories on the left hand dropdown menu (top if you have a very small screen)
We appreciate any feedback regarding the design of the help center, or new bits of information to add, including tutorials; You can open a ticket with us at any time.
Getting Started: Basics
What is MiningRigRentals?
We are Marketplace service and Mining community that lets Bitcoin and Altcoin miners list their hardware on our website for hourly leased contracts, which prospective renters can view and purchase a contract from owners of the hardware.
Renters can view the list of hardware available for lease, and purchase a hourly contract from the rig owner, enabling people without the hardware to gain access to a wide range of available Bitcoin or Altcoin miners.
We provide an interface for both rig owners, and renters to manage their contracts, view live, and historical hashing rates, as well as gain access to the necessary backend connection service to enable the hardware to be rented out securely and privately to the renter for the rental contract length.
We provide support for these contracts, limited to disputes where rig owner hardware did not perform for the renter, we review all rentals, and provide a fair review and will offer refunds if the rig owner did not live up to the advertised working hash rate.
We understand that renting seems risky. Here at MRR we've put together tools that will help you make the right decision:
- Paying with Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Bcash, or Dash makes renting easy. Simply fund your account and click to rent any rig you wish.
- Make rental choices based on "actual" hash rate. Our system tracks the complete hash rate history of all mining rigs. Hash rates are displayed in a convenient graph.
- Also make use of the convenient Live Hash rate graphs on individual rig views, as well as a whole aggregate view of all rented rigs on your rental control panel!
- We don't want you to only rely on stable hash rates, we've also implemented a rig rating system called RPI which helps you find the best rigs.
- We at MRR pride ourselves in our support system, we take the time to review all finished rentals for low performance, so you can be assured that you are getting the best!
- Unlike other services, our refunds are precisely calculated to return what you are owed in accepted shares vs. what was advertised.
- Backup pools! Have you ever found yourself trying to be first during a coin launch only to find out your first pool choice isn't up and running? Our system lets you set up to 5 pools in a fail over system.
- Choices! We're committed to releasing rental channels for any and all active algorithms, we currently support more than 100!
- We employ an extremely active network of developers. Have a question? No problem, drop by our discord channel. Alternatively, use our support ticket system!
- Our backend proxy system is coded 100% in fast C++ which enjoys super fast reaction times to your pool, as well as enjoying 99.9% uptime.
Here are a few great reasons to list your rig with MRR:
- Get paid quickly in a stable crypto coin by listing your rig! We support (Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Bcash, and Dash)
- Use our auto pricing system to make sure your rig is always priced at competitive rates so that your rig is rented often and you recieve your payment often and quick.
- Easy withdrawals. You can enable automatic withdrawals to be sent to your coin address anytime your account reaches a configured balance.
- Website pool manager. Our system allows you to change what pool your miner is connected to from our website. We allow 5 pools to be configured with fail over. FREE!
- Our graphs give you up to the minute hash rates displayed with your moving average, we also have a Live Hash rate graph that gives you live data within seconds.
- Listing your rig for rent is the best way to maximize your mining profits. However, you never have to list your rig for rent. There is no fee to use our site/service for the miner controls or hash rate graphs.
- We have a robust accounting system, where you can see all of your history and how much you have made. Our system includes automatic withdrawal support.
- Choose from a variety of regional backend proxy servers to make your connection as responsive as possible, as well as providing additional backup servers to make sure your rig has 0 downtime.
In order to use our website, you should sign up an account with it. It is free to do so and there are no other requirements besides a valid email address used for account recovery purposes.
You can go directly to our register page here.
Registering is pretty basic, provide the username you would like to use when logging in to our website.
Choose a very strong password, a 4 digit pin code, and a valid email.
We do allow the option of using Google Authenticator for 2FA for increased security.
Please note that you use your username to login, and not your email address.
Login with your username and password.
Navigate to your user settings page by clicking your username in the upper right of the page.
Here, you can configure your BTC Payout address (used for payments from your rigs)
You can configure an auto payout amount, our system will automatically send your payout address and proceeds generated from your rigs when your accounts value is greater than the configured amount.
Take care not to set this if you plan on depositing more than that amount when renting.
You can change your password if necessary, as well as configure various options,
Newsletter Mailings: We may decide to implement a news letter in the future, disable this here.
Rental Communications Notification: We will email you when your rig or rental receives a message.
Rig Rented Notification: We will email you when your rig is rented.
Rig Offline Notification: We will email you if your rig went offline.
Live Hashrate Charts: Enable or disable any live hashrate chart updates.
Public Profile: Your public user profile visibility is enabled here.
Any changes require your 4 digit PIN code.
You may also navigate to your balance page. This can be found under your account and then, Balance.
Here you can see your transaction history, along with a button to download the history for your records.
On this page, you can request a payout of your balance to your configured payout address, as well as view your address used for depositing funds to your account.
RPI, or Rig Performance Index, is an algorithm that indicates how stable the rig has been performing overall.
RPI is a metric for both rig owners, and renters.
RPI replaces a review system, it's designed to let users know there may be a problem with the rig.
There are a few situations that effect RPI, such as if the rig goes offline frequently, as noted by rig offline statuses on the rig and graphs.
If the rig's advertized rate is too high, as in larger than it's actual hashrate, or otherwise cheating on hashrate.
RPI is designed to indicate to the rig owner that they may need to address rig power, internet or stability issues, as well as review that they have set their rig's hashrate correctly on their MRR page.
A renter may view a low RPI score and know that there may be issues with the rig, such as those outlined above. While majority of the rig's are online and hash correctly, there are always a few that may not work well, this is what RPI is for.
RPI considers a number of factors including (but not limited to) the rigs hashrate performance before and after rentals, number of rentals completed, time the rig is offline, refunds generated for rig related issues.
The score ranges from 0 - 100, with 100 being the best possible score.
Good scores range from 90 - 100 with 95 being the score for new rigs once established with at least 5 rentals without incident, and requireing at least 30 rentals to reach 100.
Medium scores range from 70 - 89. Scores 69 and under are considered mediocre, and the rig may not be stable.
If the rig looks stable lately, you could give the rig owner the benefit of the doubt and try for a successful rental to help them with their score.
Please note that RPI scores are calculated at the rig performance level, not the renter performance level. This means that issues stemming from renter related issues, like offline pools, high rejection rate, no hash-rate showing on the renters pool due to difficulty related settings, are not considered in the RPI score.
Actually Bitcoin mining is already a specialized business and not profitable for everyone. Therefore we strongly encourage anyone interested in mining to do his/her own research and make the calculations before investing any money to the operation.
Here at MiningRigRentals most people are speculating on the price of their mined coins; this can Include mining the coins, waiting for a later time in which they are profitable. Other ways people utilize mining and rentals in general are for getting that lucky block strike, or snatching up hash rate deals. Whatever the reason, please make sure you are calculating your profitability, as we are not responsible if you lose money.
CoinDesk covered everything important regarding this topic in the following article:
It is written for general audience which means they cover other alt-coins as well.
You can browse https://whattomine.com/coins to help you get an idea on what coins are currently the most profitable.
We now offer a status page where we list some of our critical infrastructure.
It will list the general availibility or online status of the services we utilize for MRR.
It's located at status.miningrigrentals.com
We have a good track record on uptime, and we want to let you know that we care about the quality of our service.
We do not support Bitcoin unlimited due to the vulnerabilities that exist in that client.
BTC Withdrawals or deposits may be suspended during any fork period.
Should there be a fork, we are only obligated to provide Bitcoin Core BTC balances. We may not keep your balance in any of the deposit addresses associated with your account and thus may not have any forked coins available to provide to you.
All deposits and earnings made to and from MiningRigRentals are balances owed to you in the respective currency only.
We cannot legally convert one currency into another, or supply you "coins" that appear out of thin air via forks.
We know that mining can be a confusing operation to get a hold of.
To make the most out of your experience, you want to be able to make a profit.
To aid you in determining what coin, or algo is the most profitable, we found this site to help you.
All you need to do is input what hardware you have, and change any other options, hit calculate.
It will show the most profitable coins below in the list.
Once you know this you can adjust your mining, or renting needs to let you gain profit.
What is MiningRigRentals Token ?
MiningRigRentals Token is a Ethereum ERC20 compliant token. It's primary purpose is for donations to MiningRigRentals and for our loyal users.
We may from time to time gift our loyal users with some MRR tokens. In the future we plan to allow holders of MRR to use them to pay for our service fees, and possibly more.
Is this an ICO? No, MRR Tokens are not an ICO. The token is primarily used within the Mining Rig Rentals service sphere, for donations and for our loyal users. There is no implied or guaranteed value to MRR Tokens inside or outside of our service. We are not responsible for any third party transactions or markets that may develop with our token.
How do I get MRR Tokens? The token currently can be purchased by sending Ethereum to the Token contract address 0x5d4df6dd12fc56a31e2550efd6414e47a676ecef
You will be sent MRR Tokens to your Ethereum address in return for your Ethereum, we appreciate your donation! Make sure to use a wallet compatible with all ERC20 tokens, simply add the token contract address to your wallet to watch for those tokens.
The current price is 10,000 MRR Tokens for each Ethereum. They can be bought while buying is enabled, or there are enough tokens available for purchase.
Want to purchase with another currency? We support Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Dash. We can easily accept these currencies and send you an appropriate amount of tokens as compared with the exchange rate to Ethereum. Open a ticket and let us know!
What will we do with the donations? As you may know, we are a hashpower rental service. We charge service fees on our rentals only, and we allow rig owners at no charge to use our service. The costs associated with maintaining, operating, and upgrading our service are vast. We cannot consider increasing the service fees to allow for future expansion. We would like everyone to know that we will graciously accept any purchases of MRR tokens and use those funds to better our service.
We would like to give a overall view of the specific features we plan to use any funds for. As you may know, MiningRigRentals was founded in 2014, since then the majority of the work developing, maintaining, providing support to our users has been by the company founders, cncr04s, and merc. We would use funds to provide additional support staff to handle the volume of support requests we receive. We would also heavily invest in superior hardware for our worldwide service endpoints. Our plan also includes developing an altcoin mining portal where you could seamlessly integrate your MRR account with and have access to world class mining pool services. We also have plans to implement an extension to our existing rental marketplace for those users who want large and small amounts of hashpower with minimal effort to obtain it. We would also enable this system for our rig owners to easily connect to our service with to without an account to get going and earning for their hashpower!