Welcome to our Help Center.
Our Help Center is designed to give you a place to get the information you need to be effective at using our site.
You can find information by browsing the sections and categories on the left hand dropdown menu (top if you have a very small screen)
We appreciate any feedback regarding the design of the help center, or new bits of information to add, including tutorials; You can open a ticket with us at any time.
Getting Started: Basics
What is MiningRigRentals?
We are an Advanced Cryptocurrency Mining Marketplace service and community that lets Bitcoin and Altcoin miners list their hardware on our website for hourly leased hashrate contracts. Prospective renters can view our available cryptocurrency mining algorithms and purchase a contract from owners of the hardware.
Renters can view the list of hardware available for lease, and buy an hourly hash rate contract from the rig owner, enabling people without the hardware to gain access to a wide range of available Bitcoin or Altcoin miners on a large variety of crypto algorithms.
We provide a nice interface for both rig owners, and renters to manage their hash rate contracts, view live, and historical hashing rates, as well as gain access to the necessary backend connection service to enable the hardware to be rented out securely and privately to the renter for the rental contract length.
We provide support for these contracts, limited to disputes where rig owner hardware did not perform for the renter, we review all rentals, and provide a fair review and will offer refunds if the rig owner did not live up to the advertised working hash rate.
We understand that renting seems risky. Here at MRR we've put together tools that will help you make the right decision:
- Paying with Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, or Dash makes renting easy. Simply fund your account and click to rent any rig you wish.
- Make rental choices based on "actual" hash rate. Our system tracks the complete hash rate history of all mining rigs. Hash rates are displayed in a convenient graph.
- Also make use of the convenient Live Hash rate graphs on individual rig views, as well as a whole aggregate view of all rented rigs on your rental control panel!
- We don't want you to only rely on stable hash rates, we've also implemented a rig rating system called RPI which helps you find the best rigs.
- We at MRR pride ourselves in our support system, we take the time to review all finished rentals for low performance, so you can be assured that you are getting the best!
- Unlike other services, our refunds are precisely calculated to return what you are owed in accepted shares vs. what was advertised.
- Backup pools! Have you ever found yourself trying to be first during a coin launch only to find out your first pool choice isn't up and running? Our system lets you set up to 5 pools in a fail over system.
- Choices! We're committed to releasing rental channels for any and all active algorithms, we currently support more than 100!
- We employ an extremely active network of developers. Have a question? No problem, drop by our discord channel. Alternatively, use our support ticket system!
- Our backend proxy system is coded 100% in fast C++ which enjoys super fast reaction times to your pool, as well as enjoying 99.9% uptime.
Here are a few great reasons to list your rig with MRR:
- Get paid quickly in a stable crypto coin by listing your rig! We support (Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Bcash, and Dash)
- Use our auto pricing system to make sure your rig is always priced at competitive rates so that your rig is rented often and you recieve your payment often and quick.
- Easy withdrawals. You can enable automatic withdrawals to be sent to your coin address anytime your account reaches a configured balance.
- Website pool manager. Our system allows you to change what pool your miner is connected to from our website. We allow 5 pools to be configured with fail over. FREE!
- Our graphs give you up to the minute hash rates displayed with your moving average, we also have a Live Hash rate graph that gives you live data within seconds.
- Listing your rig for rent is the best way to maximize your mining profits. However, you never have to list your rig for rent. There is no fee to use our site/service for the miner controls or hash rate graphs.
- We have a robust accounting system, where you can see all of your history and how much you have made. Our system includes automatic withdrawal support.
- Choose from a variety of regional backend proxy servers to make your connection as responsive as possible, as well as providing additional backup servers to make sure your rig has 0 downtime.
In order to use our website, you should sign up an account with us! It is free to do so and there are no other requirements besides a valid email address used for account recovery purposes.
You can go directly to our register page here.
Registering is pretty basic, provide the username you would like to use when logging in to our website. Your username is your identifier used to display some information on our site, and can simply be anything like a nickname.
Choose a very strong password, a 5 digit pin code, and a valid email.
We do allow the option of using Google Authenticator for 2FA for increased security.
Please note that you use your username to login, and not your email address.
Login with your username and password.
Navigate to your user settings page by clicking your username in the upper right of the page.
Here, you can configure your BTC Payout address (used for payments from your rigs)
You can configure an auto payout amount, our system will automatically send your payout address and proceeds generated from your rigs when your accounts value is greater than the configured amount.
Take care not to set this if you plan on depositing more than that amount when renting.
You can change your password if necessary, as well as configure various options,
Newsletter Mailings: We may decide to implement a news letter in the future, disable this here.
Rental Communications Notification: We will email you when your rig or rental receives a message.
Rig Rented Notification: We will email you when your rig is rented.
Rig Offline Notification: We will email you if your rig went offline.
Live Hashrate Charts: Enable or disable any live hashrate chart updates.
Public Profile: Your public user profile visibility is enabled here.
Any changes require your 5 digit PIN code.
You may also navigate to your balance page. This can be found under your account and then, Balance.
Here you can see your transaction history, along with a button to download the history for your records.
On this page, you can request a payout of your balance to your configured payout address, as well as view your address used for depositing funds to your account.
RPI, or Rig Performance Index, is an algorithm that indicates how stable the rig has been performing overall.
RPI is a metric for both rig owners, and renters.
RPI replaces a review system, it's designed to let users know there may be a problem with the rig.
There are a few situations that effect RPI, such as if the rig goes offline frequently, as noted by orange Rig Offline statuses on the rig and graphs.
If the rig's advertized rate is too high, as in larger than it's actual hashrate, or otherwise cheating on hashrate. We may disable a rig or adjust hashrate on the rigs that have listed their speed incorrectly.
RPI is designed to indicate to the rig owner that they may need to address rig power, internet or stability issues, as well as review that they have set their rig's hashrate correctly on their MRR page.
RPI considers a number of factors including (but not limited to) the rigs hashrate performance before and after rentals, number of rentals completed, time the rig is offline, refunds generated for rig related issues. MRR Staff makes all RPI adjustments when conducting rental reviews.
A renter may review the RPI score and know that there may be issues with the rig, such as those outlined above. While majority of the rig's are online and hash correctly, there are always a few that may not work well, this is what RPI is for.
We have recently made changes to RPI to more easily indicate the score of a rig. We have scores ranging from BEST, GOOD, BAD. A score of a newly created rig is listed as NEW.
The "BEST" score indicates that this rig is one of the best rigs on our site and is a stable rig.
The "NEW" score being the score for new rigs. Once established with at least 5 rentals without incident, a new rig is moved to the BEST RPI score.
The "GOOD" score indicates rigs that often perform well, but occasionally may have a problem.
The "BAD" score indicates rigs that often have problems. If a rig score drops below bad, we may disable the rig or the rig will not be listed.
If the rig looks stable lately, you could give the rig owner the benefit of the doubt and try for a successful rental to help them with their score.
Please note that RPI scores are calculated at the rig performance level, not the renter performance level. This means that problems stemming from renter related issues, like offline pools (Purple status), high rejection rate (Green line on graph), no hash-rate showing on the renters pool due to difficulty related settings, are not considered in the RPI score. MRR Staff determines when or if an RPI reduction is required, we are very positive and want to help you if your score if there are problems! Always talk to staff about how to fix problems.
Your score does not effect your ability to be rented or your earnings.
Actually Bitcoin mining is already a specialized business and not profitable for everyone. Therefore we strongly encourage anyone interested in mining to do his/her own research and make the calculations before investing any money to the operation.
Here at MiningRigRentals most people are speculating on the price of their mined coins; this can Include mining the coins, waiting for a later time in which they are profitable. Other ways people utilize mining and rentals in general are for getting that lucky block strike, or snatching up hash rate deals. Whatever the reason, please make sure you are calculating your profitability, as we are not responsible if you lose money.
CoinDesk covered everything important regarding this topic in the following article:
It is written for general audience which means they cover other alt-coins as well.
You can browse https://whattomine.com/coins to help you get an idea on what coins are currently the most profitable.
We now offer a status page where we list some of our critical infrastructure.
It will list the general availibility or online status of the services we utilize for MRR.
It's located at status.miningrigrentals.com
We have a good track record on uptime, and we want to let you know that we care about the quality of our service.
We know that mining can be a confusing operation to get a hold of.
To make the most out of your experience, you want to be able to make a profit.
To aid you in determining what coin, or algo is the most profitable, we found this site to help you.
All you need to do is input what hardware you have, and change any other options, hit calculate.
It will show the most profitable coins below in the list.
Once you know this you can adjust your mining, or renting needs to let you gain profit.
We also have an additional article, 'Tips to maximize profits' to get more information on what coins are currently the most profitable.
KYC (Know Your Customer)
Mining Rig Rentals does not currently collect personally identifying information. We are a marketplace (essentially a retail establishment) that enables our users to pay for specific cryptocurrency mining services with cryptocurrency in leu of any other form of legal tender. We also pay clients listing their cryptocurrency mining hardware on our service in cryptocurrency in leu of any other form of legal tender. We do not offer or solicit any other cryptocurrency services such as trading, exchanging, or conversion. Our cryptocurrency wallet services are intended for the purchase of rentals, or being compensated for offering mining hardware for rentals on our service. If you are intending to purchase rentals on our platform, you must already have the cryptocurrency funds in which to pay the rental fee with. Our cryptocurrency wallet is non-custodial, and is intended only to operate between us and our client, the use of our wallet to send to a third party (Such as another person, business, or exchange) is prohibited and against our Terms Of Service.
Mining Rig Rentals, LLC Currently operates in the United States.
We do not operate as a Money Service Business as outlined in rulings FIN-2014-R007 and FIN-2014-R004 issued by the "Financial Crimes Enforcement Network" and claim exemption from general KYC/AML Procedures.
However, there are still some situations in which we require, and including at our discretion, to collect personally identifying information.
This may include, full legal name, full legal address of residence, country of residence, picture of government issued ID, social security number or card image (United States), passport (if available), utility/rent/mortgage bill, place of work.